To add a trigger you'll need to have a GameObject with the Trigger Behaviour attached to it. You can create events quickly by clicking GameObject/RPG Builder/Create trigger.
Once created the object you can edit the event in the event editor window (Window/RPG Builder/Event Editor). Remember that actions will be executed in order (unless there are control actions such as ifs, loops, ...).
An event can be executed in-line with other events or as a parallel process. Parallel processes will be executed every frame until they end while the in-line events will be queued for execution. Only the first event in the execution queue will be executing and the others will wait until that one finishes.
The Trigger Behaviour provides several ways that an event can be triggered:
- Automatic (once) - The event will be executed once everytime the scene is loaded.
- Automatic (always) - The event will be executed over and over as soon as the scene starts until the scene is changed.
- Touch - The event will be executed as soon as the player enters in the range set in the editor.
- Activation - The event will be executed when the player presses the "Submit" button and is within range.
- Activation (facing) - The event will be executed when the player presses the "Submit" button and is within range, but only if the player is facing the trigger.