The main goal of the toolkit is to enable aspiring game designers and artists to build their own RPG games without having to do complex coding. While RPG Builder pretends to be easy to use it's focus resides in customization, leaving more experienced Unity users able to change every aspect of the default inner workings in a modular environment.
The features that are going to be in the first release are the following:
- Binary database that handles information and stores it as Unity resources
- Event scripting in a visual programming environment
- Several predefined actions
- Custom event actions that can be coded in C#
- Tilemap editor
- Customizable animation support for both battles and map movement
- Customizable formulas and stats for characters
- Three battle modes by default: turn based, group turn based and ATB.
- Fully customizable skills
- Basic GUI
Currently working on:
- Event system
- Switching from one map to another
- Main menu
- Basic actions and triggers
- Input management
If you wish to enter the closed beta and test out the software before it's released to the public leave a reply in this thread.
RPG Builder's beta version cannot be used in commercial products nor shared without prior consent from the author.